The OhioMeansJobs Lorain County One-Stop system is a partnership of local organizations that deliver a comprehensive system of high quality, customer-friendly services designed to meet your education, training, employment or supportive services needs.
Our mission is to provide Lorain County one-stop access to a continuum of services that meets the needs of job seekers, workers and employers in the region.
– OhioMeansJobs Lorain County serves as a national model for customer service with a professional staff that strives to meet the highest standards of performance.
– We are the source of qualified candidates prepared to meet the needs of employers.
– We deliver seamless, integrated education, employment and community services.
– Our system recognizes each partner’s unique contribution, shares and leverages resources, and unselfishly considers the impact of every decision on each partner.
Our guiding principles:
Networked Delivery System: We are committed to creating a system of equal partners that operates efficiently and maximizes resources.
Customer Service: We believe in a customer-oriented, user-friendly and barrier-free system that provides the highest quality of services to all users.
Quality Assurance: We believe in an effective, efficient and equitable system with clearly defined outcomes that serve as benchmarks for continuous improvement.
Needs Driven: We will meet the needs of our community through the integration of national and local research and customer-identified needs.
Professional Development: We are committed to the professional development of our staff and have high expectations for all who interact with the system.
OhioMeansJobs Lorain County offers the following services for employers:
Expanding Your Workforce
– Posting job orders
– Recruitment assistance
– Applicant screening
– Pre-employment skills testing
Training/Financing Your Workforce
– On-the-Job Training (OJT) funds available to assist with offsetting up to 50% of eligible new employee training costs up to $3000.00/trainee
– Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) funds available to assist with offsetting up to 90% of eligible existing employee training costs
– Customized Training designed to meet needs of employer or group of employers committed to hire individual(s) upon successful completion of training
Restructuring Your Workforce
– Services to assist companies manage change in the workplace or to develop options to reduce or avoid layoffs